Monday 30 March 2009

Miasma

I have to admit, the weather has me in its grips. Maybe I should say, the sucky weather has me in its grips.

No matter how much I tried to be cheerful, no matter how much I tried to look on the bright side I could not lift myself from my when is it going to melt funk.

I sat in the sun upstairs with my sweater. I had a snooze on my bed, just when the sun shines into my room exactly right. But nothing would break me from my self imposed gloom. I wanted spring, the weather called for other.

I can't wait for the moment when its nice enough to open the windows, when its nice enough to let the fresh bracing early spring air blow away the last cobwebs of winter. That cool spring rush of crisp morning air just makes me want to shout and jump, and dance with glee.


I suppose if I wished I could dance for these last days of snow instead of waiting for springlike weather. After all, the sun does shine in a most brilliant way, and if you sit right up against the house, it is warm and almost nice. If it was me dancing now in the season of late snow, I'd end up with my shoes full of grainy, watery snow and wet feet.

My knitting, and crocheting is suffering to be sure. I crocheted on my sweater. It is making the nicest fabric, shimmery and drapey without being too much of either. I finished Chris sock's, but for the heel. The heel will be done at knitting on Tuesday, and finished on Wednesday night. there may be some guest knitting. I did knit at a wildlife dinner on Saturday evening but even that with its most interesting yarn, did not appeal yesterday.

So this morning, rather than ruining good knitting, I've been reading books preparing for the next big thing. I hope the weather warms just the tiniest bit (it never takes much to melt if its sunny at this time of year) and that something, some noticeable weather warming begins.

I'm not asking for much. Just a degree or two. Maybe three? Pretty please.

No comments: