Tuesday 31 March 2009

Defunking

Just a quick post today. My usual routine is being interrupted and well you all know what happens when a routine is interrupted. Things fall apart.

I found two things to get me out of my funk. 1 is a very, well, I'll save that, and the other, a CAL. I don't generally do these, but Doily Heads on Ravelry is doing one using Elizabeth Hiddleson patterns, and I owe this lovely woman a lot. It was from her patterns that I learned to crochet. It was from her patterns that I learned that sometimes you have to use your best judgment or the picture.

But I won't talk much about that today. I'm in a hurry. what I will show you a new sock.

We went to a dinner the other night, a function of interest to my husband, much less so to me. They do have a silent auction which can be fun, but the things for sale have been weak the last few years. This year, I took along some knitting. It was nice visiting and catching up with the crowd but I was grateful for my knitting. The lady who sets up the craft night at the local library was there and I had a chat with her. Had she known she'd have brought her knitting too.

I got a lot of knitting done using some very pretty yarn.

This is Lifestyles, from Zitron, one of those yarns with bounce and rebound that make delightfully squishable socks. I have been coveting it for a long time. We did some kits of the last of it a while ago, and I thought my opportunity was lost. Each ball was with another plain yarn to make a striped pair of socks and they sold like hot cakes. Only one kit of each of the two colourways remained and then, as things sometimes go, someone unearthed another ball of each. I cleaned it out and brought home both, and picked up the kit with its brilliant turquoise Cool Wool and the loose ball of Lifestyles started immediately to make a farmer pair of socks.


What I call a farmers sock is a sock where the toe, heel and ribbing are done in one colour and the foot and calf of the sock are done in another. Pretty isn't it. That brilliant, springlike, exotic blue just punches the whole thing up a notch or two.

They are knitting up fairly fast and I hope to have them done shortly. A good pair of socks helps get rid of the funk. The doily too, and then one other little thing. Its pretty, simple and is working out beautifully.

Wait till you see it!

No comments: