Thursday 19 March 2009

It's Not a Rootbeer Baby


Sigh.

Ever been so pleased with a thing that all you can do is sigh? Yeah.

That is exactly how I feel about this. It is everything I wanted to get out of this spur of the moment project and everything I wanted it to be in the end. I still have to bind off the hem (I'll be doing a sewn type bind off) and a few snaggly ends to weave in, and a decent blocking to do, but the bulk of it is done.

I am going to write the project up for the store (there will be a few changes to this prototype) and it will be available there. It may be available here too, but that will be up to my bosses. My blankie plan, but everything else is theirs. The need to find something to do with a few balls of a yarn in discontinued colours, (they like to make kits of these bit and ends) and chatting about what the yarn would be great for, how much would it take to do something decent sized, some colour guidance and voila, cute little baby blanket. Without being surrounded by the stimulating conversation and the amazing yarns, these little things would never come off my needles.

I still think the Root bear baby thing would work though. Imagine a warm deep carmel-ly brown instead of the blue. Nice huh? Or what I like to call the Neapolitan Ice Cream colours of pink standing in for the yellow, cream for the orange, and that carmel brown for the blue. The 'Neapolitan' ice cream sunday sort of colour combination is what set this whole adventure off, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, I am pleased the knitting is done, I am very pleased with the colours, and I am absolutely pleased with the way hemmed edging looks on the outside.

So sigh, just sigh. Its all very good.

2 comments:

Sally Comes Unraveled said...

This is awesome! I love the bold colors.

Sandra said...

Love it! Love it! So nice and bright for a baby. And the caramels... yum. That's my favourite.