Tuesday 27 May 2008

How you know when summer comes in Canada

We are a northern nation. Summer can be late coming even in the best of years. Most of the landmass that is Canada requires traveling clothing to include winter wear, no matter what season it is. Old winter coats are frequently seen in July on cool summer nights round firepits and I personally take long johns even to Saskatchewans dry summer heat, because, well, you just never know.

In Canada, snowfall has been recorded in every month of the year in all but our most southern climes (and maybe even there).

So how the heck do we know that summer is here? Its easy. The beer companies tell us.
I socred my first cooler of the year. Clapclapclapclapclap.Maybe the title of this post should be 'Move along nothing to see here'.

My excitement is really way out of proportion to the coolers importance in the grand scheme of things. Its a just a beer cooler but this puppy is going to keep my yarn and workbag safe and dry no matter where we travel this summer. And I'll be able to fit an extra project in there under what the workbag usually carries. No way am I going to run out of stuff to do this summer. Maybe I can fit a spindle and some unspun fibre in there too.

You can find liners like this in diaper bags, and you can buy collapsible coolers just like this in many stores at this time of year. When the knitting companies figure out that people need bags like this, with moisture proof innards and outtards, we'll be paying hundreds of dollars for them.

Me, I'll wait for the beer company's version. It's free. The beer? Well, we buy some of that anyway.

1 comment:

Knitting Alchemist said...

Great idea! And, I left a meme for you on my blog.