Wednesday 9 April 2008

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Hey ho. I'm not feeling very well today. I think it is my version of the flu. I get mildly ill for a day, and then can get right back at whatever I was doing, while everyone else around me ends up ill for days at a time. Sometimes I wonder if I am Typhoid Mary and my mild form of the virus mutates into everyone else's sick-for-days version. If anyone I was around yesterday gets ill, you have my humblest apologies.

I have knit but only in a slow and desultory fashion. I planned to knit up a swatch for Agatha, but I have not even ordered the pattern. Etsy says it is now sold out. I shall see what I can do. I'd worry but I am just not up to it. I have knit on the secret project and now must take a break while I think about how I am going to do the thumb part. Simple slit or gusset? What to do what to do.

When I reorganized my study, my chair moved much closer to my book shelves. I am now surrounded by books and yarn, and cheap blue china in a most lovely way.

Earlier this winter I came across some of the hardcover volumes I was missing from Jean Auel's Clan of the Cave Bear series (I had the paperbacks of the first couple and hardcovers of the others). The first two volumes of the series are sitting right at shoulder level so when I was not feeling motivated this morning, I picked up Clan of the Cave Bear and began reading. I love rereading old favourites when I am not feeling well. It's the comfort factor. There is an Agatha Christie right there too. Not challenging reading but I just cannot find it in me to think.

I'm going to go lie down and die now. I'll be chipper once more in the morning.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hope you are feeling better!