Monday, 5 October 2026

A toe is a toe is a toe.

So here we are.  It's Monday again.  Wasn't it just Wednesday?  

I kept working on my Farmer Sock sweater.  


 I have two more increases to go before I can scoot across to join both fronts.  I am trying to make a more open neckline so I can have a wider ribbed neckline.  We shall see how that plan goes.

On Sunday I did not want to think.  So I didn't.   I was so lazy I did not even dig in the WIPs bin for an ongoing project.  I grabbed the sock yarn bag and started a new sock.



First yarn at the top was some Kroy.  Too bad Kroy is now shipped from the US. It has been one of my favourite sock yarn and  I don't buy from US sources these days.  I haven't since 2016.  I try to stick to European makers instead.  



I didn't get huge amounts of work done, but a toe is a toe is a toe.  Good enough for me.  I kind of like the way this colourway is working up.  It is so much nicer looking than in the skein.  The only part I don't really like is the grey.  It just feels wrong with the richness of the browns and oranges. Too bad it isn't a deep purple.  Still, when it's all done up it might be just right.  We shall wait and see.

And that was my weekend.  I need to go back to one day a week for socks and working on a different sweater on the weekends. It will keep my mind fresh and strong and vibrant.  I am going to try that this week.

No comments: