Friday, 25 September 2026

Giant balls of yarn

I avoided the Hiraeth sweater successfully the last few days. I am at the point where I need to decide if I need another increase round and I am avoiding that decision.

This seemed easier  


Even if I had to decide just how wide I want the back yoke to be.  I made a choice and we will see how that goes.

I am not really using a pattern for this, just simply knitting.  Winging it.  If it'sa mess of a sweater, it will be my fault.

I am using the yarn I bought from Australia from Bendigo Woollen Mill.  This is their Classic yarn with a crepe twist.  It's interesting.  I love the fabric it makes and the look of the whole.  I am also really loving the giant ball.


400 meters of delicious Dk yarn.  They do it to keep things cost effective and price wise, but I love it because the ball sits so tidy in the project bag.  There is no frivolous bouncing around.  It is too massive so it sits like a little child waiting for a treat.

I am going to work on this one again today.  It feels right for the very fall looking day.  

No comments: