I kept working on my chair pad crochet project.
And you can see I am actively using my new progress keepers. It really is keeping me focused forward rather than focusing on what is done and feeling it isn't enough. Do I wish it was farther along or even finished? Sure, but the marker is a reality check. I did make progress and that is enough.
As I was ready to change colours after the purple, I debated adding a third set of colours. I would rather use up some balls completely than have a bunch more leftovers. I really want this bin of yarn used up so I stayed with my wide browns and purples stripes. I hope that two of each colour will be wide enough to make the size I want before I felt it. I have a funny feeling though, that it will be a bit shorter than I want and I will very likely need to add a third colour anyway.
I didn't want to only work on a very workhorse type project. I wanted something to raise my spirits. I was searching for the Hiraeth sweater but found my Kauni sweater first.
It's stripes which are always fun and it easy on the hands knitting. I have a couple rows of the Kauni left before I go back to the Tove garter band. It's nice easy knitting in yarns I absolutely adore.
The more I knit on this sweater, the happier I am with it. I love how the colours are working out, though I admit, I took out some of the greyest blue. There was just too much grey for the middle of the body and I am eager to get to the rich purple and green sections.
Both of these are my work of the day, though I am also going to work on more pants. Sewing is good. Knitting is great and life is a lot better than last week.
Boy the photos on this page are dull. I need to do something about that.


No comments:
Post a Comment