Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Books and a Treat

I did not knit yesterday.  I have a bit of a hand thing happening that I didn't feel till now.  It's on the top of my hand and feels a bit like when you have foot trouble, in that I think the problem is more from the palm.  Resting felt like a good idea.  I think it comes from the tablet and not knitting.

I have decided to frog my Lunan.  I didn't gauge swatch and as much as I like the fabric, what I have is not going to work. It would be fine in wool, which blooms a bit but this cotton wool won't work.  I need a smaller gauge to make the top I want.  

And that is it.  I have been busy reorganizing my library and that is taking surprisingly long.  I move slowly, I guess.  The knitting library is finished.  It's not in order by subject but in order of height of the books.  This is a crappy way to organize a library but if you are short on space, it does work.  I try to get subjects close to each other but that's as much as I can do.  

I am starting on the other books today.  Which reminds me, the town newsletter always has a library update.  Today they talked about the bill the government put through to ban a bunch of books.  They gave a few sample books, a short list of four, and I am thrilled to say I own two of the four they named.  I am going to go find the whole list and may buy more on the list.  Because I am snarky that way.  

I have a treat for you this morning.  I am watching a new vlogger today and she is really enjoyable.  Knit2KnowMe is her YouTube handle.  I caught her first episode and she is just genuinely lovely.  She is out of Cambridge New Zealand and I encourage you to watch all of her episodes.  Ep three is amazing.  Enjoy.



No comments: