Tuesday 10 September 2024

A Home for Yarn

Shhhh.  


I'm busy.

I have spoken about the magic of knitting stripes before.  There is always the next one to look forward to and because of that, the knitting feels fast.

On this sweater, the other magic is watching the Noro colours come to life.  This isn't my favourite colourway of Noro and yet, I am charmed by it. When I worked at the yarn store, this poor Noro was always at the back of whatever Noro was there besides Kureyon and Silk Garden.  It isn't particularly flashy but it is fuzzy and interesting.


 
In the skein, it looked more grey, but once wound, on most of the skeins, the red brown gold sections stands out.  It doesn't take over, but it does demand its space.  

As it stayed on the wall at the store, I would look at it and play my favourite game.  What would I make with this yarn.  I never did figure it out, but they sat there, unloved by all the customers who came by.  

Eventually, just like old books, they came home with me.  I hated those lovely yarns not having anyone to love them.  A fair bit of my stash is my stash because of this.  It made me feel good to give those yarns a home. Like a cat lady, I had a compulsion to buy the yarns no one seemed to love.  

I don't  remember how I came to put the two yarns together, but they made one of my perennial favourite sweaters.  I can feel the pleasure of wearing this new sweater even now, knitting it.

No comments: