Thursday 15 August 2024

Found yarn

When I was digging in my yarn stash a month or so ago, I found yarn.  I know this isn't a huge surprise.  It was stash after all.

It is yarn for the Linger sweater.  


When I was last working on Linger, I seemed to have very little yarn left.  I was particularly concerned about the grey yarn.  I only had 3 balls left from a bag of ten.  I was quite sure I didn't use that many skeins and yet it was hard to get past what was in the bag.  Finding these means I will have lots of yarn and that makes me happy.  There is nothing I worry about more in knitting than running out of yarn.

I did work on the sleeve of the sweater during the day.


I knit a lot, but this lush fisherman's rib eats yarn and never grows.  One day, you look at it and you are almost done.  I hope this turns out like that. 

I want to focus on this sweater now.  Fall is looming and September is just around the corner.  Cool weather is never far behind the turning of the calendar and this sweater is needed.  Much as I want the sweater, will I knit on it?  

I hope so.  If I don't, it will be because I picked something else.  And that means a different sweater will get done.  One way or another I will be warm.

No comments: