Monday 8 July 2024

Sock Mojo

One of my very loose resolutions for this year was to knit a pair of socks a month.  I thought about that because I had so much fun knitting the Christmas socks and my sock mojo was back full force.  I did knit four pairs of socks but by May and June my sock mojo was taken over by Tolsta mojo.

It might be back.


I had this sock started, meaning to knit a plain pair of socks letting the colour play.  I picked it up Friday evening and I knew that it needed to be something more, something comfortable to knit, something just a little spicy.  I went back to my favourite actual sock pattern, Cookie A's Monkey Socks.  In no time, I had completed almost two pattern repeats.  I love Monkey socks.

The mail that arrived had some good sock stuff too.  It had this pretty Midnight Orchid colourway of Patons Kroy.


Perfectly simple stripes in pleasing colours. Turning it into socks was fun just because of the colours.


Stripes are so much fun to knit.

I made it to the body of the Anyday Sweatshirt and gave it a try on.  It will be fine.  Pending sleeves and pending actually wearing it, I think the next one will be the next smaller size.  If my gauge is the same with the next yarn, that is.   My current gauge is fewer stitches (5 and the pattern is 5.5) than the pattern calls for so I picked the right size according to charts taking that and the pattern gauge into consideration but in the try on and by measuring, the sweater seems to have a bit more ease than I would like.  I cast on fewer stitches at the underarm to compensate so all should  be well. This is where I diverge from the pattern and start knitting to fit but it is all lovely stockinette.

I have to go and close all my windows now.  It is going to be a scorcher out there all week.  Stay cool.

No comments: