Monday 29 July 2024

It begins!

I am a little slow to start this morning.  Or rather it feels as if I am slow to start.  I am a bit early with my second coffee, I have laundry well under way, I have a my knitting ready for the day.  It is just that it has been so busy this morning that it feels like I already did a days work.    

The kitchen work is underway.  Everything is emptied and ready to go.  We (mostly Keith.  My job is to keep out of the way.) just have a few more things to put into containers to be stored while the work is being done.  


These base cabinets are coming out.  The top cabinets will likely go later. They are little used and usually store things we are too lazy to deal with properly.


The island is being moved to the end of the current run of counter on the sink side.  There will be a bit more than a foot of space between wall and cabinets when we are done, but that space will later be turned into a tall roll out pantry.   What we gain by doing this, is a nice large open space for eating.  Right now, the max for seating is four and even then, we don't have space to easily move around the table.  The only upper that is coming out now is that microwave cabinet.  Utterly useless.  It will eventually be replaced by the uppers from the side that is coming out and some shelving or a wine rack.  

This is our current meal prep set up.  


Pantry

Coffee and cooking.  Toaster/Air Fryer, microwave, rice pot, food processor, etc.


With those things, plus the BBQ we will be able to eat very normally.  The difference is that the prep space is weird. And behind the chair is the dishpan and drying rack that will function as clean up area.  

I have my WIPs chest in my room as well as an extra chair which is where I will do my knitting till this is over.  I have my media center prepared.  I have to pick out a few dvds and the next book in the series I am re-reading at the moment and I am prepared for whatever comes. Might grab a knitting book or two as well.  It is a wee bit crowded in here but it is manageable. 

I did not get quite as much knitting in over the weekend as I hoped.  I really thought I could have the striped tops body complete but it was not to be. I am one row away from the last stripe though so it won't take too much more work. With luck, today.

And so we are off and running.  It promises to be a weird week.  Looking forward to it being all done.

No comments: