Monday 1 April 2024

Back to the Usual

And so the kids all went home and are back to school.  There was a very little bit of knitting, but lots of fun. I stuck to easy stuff the whole week. I miss them when they are gone, though occasionally, they overwhelm me.  It is so quiet and still when they are gone.  I have to keep busy for the net few days.

On to the knitting I did while they were here.  

One sock was completed.  


I really love this yarn combination.  The extra bit of blue just is brings me such pleasure.

And I made a choice. 


I went to my bins and dug till I found my bag o' Noro and found a colourway that was neutral enough to work with the colourway I am using.  I don't need a whole ball of it, but just need to extend the piece a bit.  The first piece for the top is 16 inches long, long enough to go from a nice front neck to the hem but this back one has to go from the top of my back neck to a slightly longer hem in the back.  I am hoping for about 23 or 24 inches for this piece.  We shall see.  I think I have used enough of this other colourway for the stripey bit but if I have to, there is some of a very similar green that will be worked in almost seamlessly.

Today is going to be all about knitting this easy panel.  I have not forgotten my almost complete Utikiek.  It is waiting in the wings till my need for this lovely colourful yarn wanes.  Otherwise, today is about the Big Dig in my yarn stash.  It has been delayed and avoided for long enough.  I am so looking forward to this.  

No comments: