Wednesday 17 January 2024

Needs and Wants

I did a try on of the Pesto Sweater yesterday. 

It didn't take long and my decision after running out of yarn was made in mere seconds.  More yarn.  I am really pleased with the way this sweater looks and it deserves it.  And I deserve the turtleneck.

I hied off to order another skein of the Kelp colourway and may have ordered a bit of something else too. Postage is expensive and to make the whole thing worthwhile, I may as well order some other yarn, right?  And if the yarn was a sweater quantity, but did not make the shipping cost change, its a fair bargain right? 

And that is how the mind of this knitter works. 

It makes no sense.  I have plenty of yarn but  am absolutely in love with MidKnit Cravings .  

I am a bit surprised with my choice.  I always thought that I would choose After Dark or Barnboard or Storm Chaser  or Freshwater Pearl  (I really adore this colour) but I fell for something else entirely.   I ordered London Fog.  It is going to be a good plain sweater, raglan sleeves I think.  I want something that has that good old sweat shirt feel, the kind of thing where it doesn't matter if it is in style.  It just is.  This yarn looks exactly like the feeling I am looking for.  Maybe it is because of all the British murder mysteries I read? 

The other thing I have come across lately is some really great worsted weight sock yarn.  Lang Yarn's Twin Soxx 8 ply is available at Jos Yarn Garden out n Stony Plain and looks really interesting to me.  If it performs like their other sock yarns, just my kind of thing.  I haven't ordered it yet but...

I was so excited, I decided to calm down by just knitting on a sock.  


I have to go digging in my massive sock yarn bin for yarns that to combine together to make a heavier weight sock.  Somewhere in there, there is yarn that will be just right and will prevent me from needing wanting more.  

I cant even pretend that this is about need. Kelp is about need.  All the rest is plain old want. 

No comments: