Thursday 12 October 2023

Which Way the Wind Blows

I finished the squares!  I finished the squares!



The greatest part of this blanket is done and I am pretty pleased with it.  

As I worked, I was trying to figure out how I was going to make this square blanket a bit longer.  I wanted a rectangle, not a square.  I might knit rectangle shapes in simple garter stitch in various solid colours but I have also thought about making single colour granny squares, keeping to the square theme.  

I am going to think about it tonight and probably tomorrow too.  Maybe even the weekend.  There is a rush and no rush at all.  Poor Carter has really had to wait for his blanket when all his brothers got theirs really quickly.  I might even start blanket two for Carter while I figure it out.  It is going to be a wonderful speedy to knit, rhythmic, flowing thing and out of a different sort of yarn...and yet the same sort of yarn.

You will see tomorrow.  Or Monday.  Depends which way the wind blows. 


No comments: