Wednesday 25 October 2023

So Excited.

Now that was a day.  Not much knitting happened but oh so very much progress.

First up, the rest of the pesky ends were woven in.  I sort of fell in love all over again with the pile of four squares.  It was just so good.


Next, I sewed the four squares together to form the body of the blanket.


I used four long strands of yarn to sew the squares together, ending in the middle with all of them. The ends were purposefully left long.


At the very centre , there was a small opening, which was perfect for my secret plan.  Those long ends will be used to make a wee heart at the centre of the blanket, a reminder to Carter of just how much I love him and think of him.  That really is the purpose behind all the blankets, to let my grandkids know how much they mean to me, how precious they all are.  I want the blanket to be a hug from me forever.

My test of the wee heart pattern I used is shown below.  


The pattern is Heart by Zorba Katerina.  I did have to make one small change and that was to take out one half double crochet on each side on the bottom.  The yarn is just too thick to keep all of the stitches.  As it was, I really struggled to pull the centre of the heart closed as much as it is. In finer yarn or in crochet cotton, I can see this being a delightful little thing.  

I haven't done the heart on the blanket yet, but that ought to happen today.  Till then, the ends are all butterflied at the centre while I knit the border.


And that is happening as we speak.

I am still being carried along by the the colours of this marvelous soft blanket.  It makes me feel happy.  Working with this poufy scrunchable playful yarn is pure pleasure.   I cant wait till Carter sees it.


No comments: