Friday 20 October 2023

Energy Spending (UPDATED)

My get up and go got up and went last night.  I feel good but I just can't seem to set my mind to start doing anything.  

I baked buns yesterday and I made a poppy seed chiffon cake with peanut butter icing.  Add to that some knitting and a bit of general organizing and sorting and the day was full and rewarding (See buns and cake), but it has left me feeling sluggish this morning.   Sugar High/Sugar Low?  I wish.

No.  It is that my mind is unsure about the Bento Box pattern.  I wanted to sew it together today so that I could start working on the border sections this weekend and I am worried about how it will look together.  Yes.  That is so very me.  Instead of doing a thing, I am spending my energy and time worrying about what will happen when I do.  Very silly, but there it is.  

When I realized this is what was going on, I reminded myself that these squares are entities unto themselves and that they can be laid out in all sorts of ways.  There are no limits to the final layout other than their physical shape, a square.

So, I am just going to lay it all out on the floor and see it together for the first time. I am going to turn this worry into a do. It is a much more sensible way to spend my energy and time.

10 a.m. update

O.  M.  G.



Look at what happens when you get off your duff and do something.  Now that it is laid out, I am certain of one thing.  Whatever I do for the edging, it is going to have a fair bit of this wonderful vibrant hot pink/fuchsia in it.

No comments: