Monday 16 October 2023

Beguiled

I wrote a post Friday but it seems I never published it.  It is there now.  

This weekend, I was suckered in by this beguiling knit.    



It is hard to put down.  Linger from Knitty.com by Asa Buchta


Its just everything that is wonderful about knitting.  It is simple enough that once you get going, you don't have to look at the pattern or fool around with too much worry over counting stitches.  You can just knit.  The patterning is just enough that you can enjoy the simple rhythm. It is hard to put down.

This sweater is consuming yarn at the most amazing pace.  Its double strand of worsted weight yarny goodness is producing a fabric that your fingers just sink into. There is depth to the fabric.  It is a thing of the earth, of the stolid acceptance of the cold. It is a sweater that is says 'you will be warm'.  I can't wait to wear it.   

 I really wanted to get to the arm split, but I am not quite there.  The yarn is speaking to me.  The design is speaking to me.  I am entranced but wisdom is stopping even if it is only two rows but your hands are tiring.  I choose wisdom over the sweater.

I debated about knitting on the Pesto sweater but I thought that might be too much.  I decided socks would be a good second knit for the day.

These are really coming along. 



Funny how that happens when you actually spend time working on them.  The socks were a great idea and I was really enjoying these too.  

I am adding stripes of charcoal to the Kroy colourway just for fun.  I love this Kroy colourway.  I love  all the colourways, in fact, but I thought this skein was like ones I made before from a very similar looking ball of Kroy. This more recent and still available version of these colours, the browns, white, red and greys still benefits from the addition of a second yarn to add more punch to the changes between the colours.  I like a good strong contrast and though this charcoal is softer than I had thought it would be, it still sets off the small bits of red and white that pop in between the major colour divisions. I am really looking forward to getting these done.

Today is going to be a day filled with the usual early in the week chores.  There will be time for knitting in between.  So off I go, into the day, or at least a second cup of coffee with my breakfast.  And my knitting.

No comments: