Tuesday 29 August 2023

Well Wasted

I putzed around yesterday.  One really ought to spend more time just putzing.  Sometimes it feels like every single moment of time has to have an end product, where you have to have something to show for it.  Having nothing to show for a days worth of time does not mean nothing was done.  Not everything is tangible.  Yesterday was time well wasted.

I did take pictures of one small portion of the day, though.

When I tidied the WIPs bin last time, I noticed a problem on these socks. See the lovely column of plain stitches running between the lacy bits?    


And see how those columns change?  That bugged me.  A lot.  When I was sitting, not knitting yesterday, I thought about things in the bin and remembered the problem and I dug it out to sort out what was going on.  

I pulled out the work, back to where the columns were clear.


I never do that with socks.  They are just socks and no one will care about it, if I don't. No one will ever look that hard at my feet.   Oddly enough, it mattered to me.    


I dug out the book where the pattern is from, and fixed my not really a chart pattern note to correct it and knit a pattern repeat to make sure that I was getting it right. 


I was feeling really great about it all till I noticed one small problem.  The column stitches were not supposed to be purled.  Sigh

It still matters.  They will be pulled back again.  The column is formed by decreases so it would be far too complicated to try to repair and would take much longer to do than just to rip back and reknit.  Reknitting it is.

When I was pulling out the book the pattern is from, I found a note written by Marcus.  I think I was on the phone and he had some time sensitive stuff for me to deal with.   



See the puddle around the 3D cube?  And the spelling correction?  😂  My grandkids are so full of the silly.

No comments: