Thursday 31 August 2023

Nutty

I went on a bit of an expedition yesterday, a yarn expedition.  Okay, I went to the local giant store and bought some more yarn to fulfill my blanket plans.

Marcus picked his colours, though they are tending to be more grey than the brown colours he wanted. I was hoping to find a mustard colour and a rusty brown, but they did not have anything like that in stock.  I guess I will be finding those online should I need them, though I do like the colours I have here.


I did pick up some more neons from the Blanket Brights line too.  I picked up a Sunshine Yellow and Race Car Red.  They had an actual skein of Race Car Red and I had to have it.  Red is Carter's favourite colour so his blanket should have some if it is available.  Carter wanted bright colours but he also wanted something made out of this very very soft Bernat Velvet.  He loved the feel of it.  So do I.  He couldn't decide. 


I meant to only get enough for a pillow case/cover for his much loved blanket but, I have absolutely no control and bought enough for a blanket.  

I must be nuts.

My hands are doing much better after a few days rest and I will be casting on.  I have come to a realisation though and not a happy one.  My coat from the Atlantic Brigg's and Little?  I am going to have to set it aside and give the yarn away. Anybody want two sweaters worth of free yarn?   It is just too dense a yarn for my failing hands to work with.  

I know it seems odd when I have just bought a bunch of thick Blanket yarn, but Blanket is ultra flexible and the Atlantic is not.  That seems to make the difference.  

No comments: