Friday 25 August 2023

Doing the Time

Just like a regular  adult who is not consumed by knitting or by starting new projects,  I settled down to the things I need to do if I want clothes.  

I finished my Birchgrove Pants and am wearing them today to make sure the changes I know I need to make on the pattern are the only changes needed.  The fit is pretty good but they are much too long on the front rise.  You don't need pants to come over your bosom.  That was expected and I did do my usual conservative adjustment but this one needs a more radical bit of work.  It's,s not a hard thing and will happen shortly.  This pant also needs better waist elastic.  The stuff I grabbed was just too soft.

The other responsible thing I did yesterday was to knit on my Sun Dogs variation.  I want it for the fast approaching fall and if I want to wear it, I need to put in the time on it.  



It is really looking sweater like and with the yummy yarn, working on it is not hard at all.  

I do hope to sneak in a wee bit of time on the brilliant yellow sweater today too.  Just to take the edge off, yanno?

No comments: