Monday 31 July 2023

Zipping Along.

The last few weekends have been for taking a break from blanket knitting.  Not this past weekend.  This weekend I woke hale and hearty and started working on the blanket again, in a big way.  There have been little spurts of knitting it, and there has been some progress.  

Friday I gave it a measure and realized that it was wide enough, so it was time to 'turn the corner' so to speak.  I am not really turning anything, but have started the decreases on the side.


I just kept knitting, switching colours in a sort of a sequence but not really with any plan.  I knit and switched as it came to me.  Saturday morning it was time to stop increasing.  The blanket was wide enough and long enough.  It was another great day of knitting.


And here I am this morning, with just under 40 stitches left on the rows.  

I love knitting this way for a blanket.  You start without any long cast on row and just increase at the beginning of each row.  You keep doing that till you have it as wide as you want and then you start a decrease at the beginning of every wrong side row and you do that till the blanket is long enough.  Then you start decreasing at the beginning of each row.  It means that just when you are starting to get tired of working on the thing, you realize that the rows are suddenly so much shorter and you know that you will soon have a finished project.  The idea of finishing is always something I look forward to with joy and my project love returns in a big way.  

That is where I am now.  I ought to get really close to finishing today.  

No comments: