Wednesday 26 July 2023

Repairs

 I am sitting here this morning in two layers of wool.  It is a chilly sitting here in front of the open window but I am not closing the window.  The air is fresh and clean and forecasting rain.  It is truly lovely. 

I spent the whole day working on repairs on wee pants to no avail.


I finished work on one hole, and found that two more significant holes had arisen near the seams.  I am not sure the feet can be saved so I will consult with momma and see what she wants me to do.  Everything else on this sweet sleeper is fine.  Only the toes have problems.  I am voting for taking the foot off and going with a footless sleeper.  The little guy sleeps in a sleep sack so a feet aren't really and issue.


The same with this pair of pants.  It is in perfect condition but for the toes and again, the fabric is so thin that I don't think I can save them.  These wee pants will be great with the feet cut off and turned into a nice little pair of plain pants.

And then there are these.  These have been worn by an active little boy who fell and tore the knee.  They are in n great condition and well worth the repair.


Grandma had a good idea


and it is working. I found a picture I could use as a template and cut out the fabric and then tucked the edges under so the patch had a perfect Mickey shape. Then I sewed it on over the hole from the topside to make it look good and then gave it a good stitching from the underside right around the hole so it will stay firmly in place.  The fabric  used is a nice stretchy piece of bamboo waffle knit so that the patch will have the same wearing ease as the original fabric.



And Voila, a perfectly matching patch!

No comments: