Sunday 25 June 2023

Finishing

It was indeed a weekend for finishing up.  It seldom happens as I planned it but this weekend, my heart was in it.  It had a lot to do with a phone call from Marcus asking if I thought I could have the sweater ready for before school ends.  


There is one wee thing I will do tomorrow morning but it is done and he loves it.  Now to see if it fits.  He requested long sleeves and a nice long bottom so it would last for a long time and I hope that this is exactly right.

I did some other knitting too.  I am getting very close to the end of sleeve one.  Tomorrow morning I will give it a try on to see if I have the length I want and if not I will do another colour row and a couple of green rows before the ribbing.


I love the way this is looking and can't wait to be able to wear it.

And then with those things done, all there was to do was to finish the bias trim and hemming on my dress.


I am quite happy with this one.  I shortened the top a bit through the shoulders.  The others were just a wee bit too deep for me with my shorter than average shoulder to full bust measurement. 


 I plan to wear it tomorrow and test out if this cut is right for a perfect sleeveless dress.

Now that Marcus' sweater is complete, it is time to make a blanket for my wee Everett.  He is almost six months old and the slow down of winter knitting means grandma didn't make him anything yet.  I have a plan and just need to get my supplies sorted out.  Digging for that later this week.

Anyway, the day was a practically perfect one, and this evening there are some thunder showers around.  The air is fresh and clean and it is just wonderful.  How lucky I am.
 

No comments: