Friday 7 April 2023

Distractions

Yesterday, I started cleaning my sewing room.  That did not continue for long.  I was much more interested in making buttonholes.  I had all sorts of new comfortable clothing waiting and it just felt like the right time.

It started with my patterns.  They are printed at home patterns for the most part.  They take up more room than store bought pre-printed patterns.  I had two boxes full of them and there were three more that needed to be stowed.


I happened to have a small box so I tucked the whole mess into it.  That still doesn't hold the patterns that are from the big pattern companies nor does it hold the two really old patterns I have.  


It is more efficient than what I had, but it isn't very tidy looking.  I should have a container of some sort for it around here that will work better.  The search is on.

Then it was time to pull out the interesting new button tool that I purchased.  It makes placing the buttons take no time at all and ensures that the button holes are correctly spaced too.  It's a shame that I did not have this nifty thing much earlier in my life.


And then I had a problem. The button holes were not very even, and they were much wider than my button placket.


Eventually, I sorted out the poor buttonholing and then I sat down to change the orientation of the button holes on the jumper and away we went.


Three shirts and one jumper completely finished.  There is a fourth shirt waiting to have buttons sewn on.

I went to hang them  in my closet and then I realized something.


So.  Not done, but oh so very close.

No comments: