Saturday 11 March 2023

Disappointing

Remember how I ever so confidently sewed the other day, Wednesday, I believe?  I sewed for about 4 hours punctuated by tea and a snack and lunch.  I thought I took adequate breaks but my hand said no and my thumbs both ached in the night.  I was so dispirited by it.  I only set puzzles and listened to audio books.  It hurt again Thursday night and felt buzzy through the day.  

Sewing was too much for my still very tenuous hands.  I was doing so well too.  

Friday, as a treat for my very self pitying soul, I picked an easy puzzle.  


this one is on wood, which had a most delightful click each time you put a piece in place.  And you could have hung it all by itself on your wall without glue or framing.  It also came in this pretty net bag.  Very impressive.


By early this morning, it was done.  It's lovely but like the other couple in this soft sweet picture series, was not a difficult puzzle.  Still it was fun.  I seriously debated gluing it and hanging it.  It was such a pretty scene.  However, my walls are filled with bookshelves and needlework and there are already things that have no place to go that I would love to have up.

The next challenge awaits.  I have one easy puzzle and one more of the 2000 piece puzzles that Keith bought for me.  Do I want to have another easy one or do I want and easy one to finish off with when my hands really are well?  

I decided to go with the big hard one.  If it is anything like the first, it's going to be a healthy week to get it done and it is possible that it will take longer.   


So many greens.  Oh so many shades of green.  Oh well.  In for a penny, in for a pound.


We had the first side set after about three hours of work and once that was done, it didn't take too long to get the rest.  We are missing a couple pieces on one side but that is par for the course.  Not we start picking at the many shades of green and so it goes.

No comments: