Thursday 2 March 2023

Close

I am enjoying sewing.  Really. I am, though I do wish it was knitting.  Maybe next week.  My hands are feeling so much better.  One feels no pain at all and the other only a minor niggle in my thumb.  I am so close to healed that it is tempting but I do not want to go backwards.  


I finished my shirt this morning.  


I really am pleased with it and I am looking forward to wearing it in spring with a light sweater underneath.  My Threipmuir will look great with it and my version of Granito.

                    

They may not match perfectly but they will work wonderfully on those days when I need warm layers but I want to be able to take them off when the sun shines.

This afternoon I did a variety of things.  I cut out the next shirt in another of the lovely flannelettes which were the first of my fabric purchases three or four years ago.


I love this blue and black buffalo check.  I am making it exactly the same as the other shirt.  I have been thinking about fooling around a bit with the collar and making it just be a simple standup collar, but we shall see.

And then I watched some history documentaries about the War of the Roses and made little squares to my hearts content.  I would have made more but four seems to be it before I can feel it in my thumb.  

And then I goofed around on Ravelry, playing stash and sweater pattern games matching things up and dreaming about what pattern to knit with x yarn or starting from the other end, what yarn I will use with what pattern.  I love that game.  It is as good for the soul as digging in the stash.  It isn't knitting, but it is close.

Tomorrow, I have some baking to do.  Keith has requested buns so buns I shall make.  I am thinking of maybe making some pastries too.  Kolaches or perhaps some poppy seed rolls. F1 season starts tomorrow and that means pastries for Saturday morning qualifying and brunch for race day.  The long winter is done and we are racing again.

No comments: