Wednesday 22 March 2023

A Good Plan

I am sure you recall my embroidery project of a four year old Marcus' drawing of a volcano.
 

And Carter's is going to get started as soon as I can use my thumb fully but I have long wondered just what I was going to do with them.  Framing them seems so useless for a nine year old boy.  As usual, my wandering here and there mind came up with a genius idea.  

I have some clear vinyl  from back when I hoped to make some project bags for myself.  I am not sure that I will make bags of my own, not for a very long time.  I have tons of other sewing to do.  The vinyl I have is just sitting there.  I started thinking that maybe I should just make a clear window in a purchased bag so I could more easily see what was stored inside.   Then my mind wandered to how pretty it would be to put an embroidered panel under vinyl so it would stay pretty.  

And whammo, that is what I will do for Marcus' bag.  And everyone else's too.  Then the kids will have a nice big bag to have clothes in when they go for a sleepover and a good large bag to use for toys or books.  You can always use a good bag.  

I sear searched to see if I could find a black bag with a zipper.  There is just no way that the beige of my sweater storage bags would work for kids.  And voila.  




I found them.


Now doesn't that look like a good plan?

No comments: