Monday 16 January 2023

Hmm, and then there was nothing.  I used all my gumption writing yesterday.

I had a great visit with a friend this morning and then I warped another dishcloth.  I have a wee bit of a problem with it and I am deciding if I am going to do a fix that I think will work or if I ought to simply pull out the four weft rows I already wove and redo it properly.  It is a silly simple problem where in I started under when I ought to have started over.  It isn't going to fall apart.  It will all be fine because the next row does its thing to hold it all together but as is, the end will be loose and not a firm edge like I want for a dishcloth.  The debate is this:  is this an opportunity to see if my idea about fixing errors would work well or is this just a pull yourself together girl, and redo moment? So often in life, it isn't about being perfect, it is about knowing how to fix things and make it work.

I might get photos tomorrow for posterity , but for tonight, I am kind of done.  

I have been watching rug cleaning videos again.    LUBUSKIE CENTRUM CZYSTOŚCI is the fellow I follow. I have watched these videos on and off, mostly off the last while, but I started watching them again last week. His videos of cleaning rugs are so peaceful and enormously satisfying. I'm not spending huge time watching them, only one a day.  After that it would get dull, but I feel better for it.  Whatever it is about it, somehow it helps soothe out the days tensions that have built up inside my head.  

And they are great to watch while you are doing something else like not knitting.  Not that I am knitting yet, but it is getting closer.  Each day it feels a bit better.  I won't try it, not till next week for sure.  I do not want to start too early and ruin all my work so far.  Bring on next week.      

No comments: