Wednesday 28 December 2022

Oh no....

I FORGOT TO TAKE PHOTOS.

That really irks me because some of the little fingerless mitts were really sweet.

Yes I did knit a pair of fingerless mitts for all the rest of my kiddies.  I bought a pair of good gloves for Isaac.  He is old enough to take care of good gloves, and I debated knitting him some mitts for over the top, but I just ran out of time and hand power.  

Cassie and Marcus and Carter and Emmett all got some.  Emmett's were pure red and Cassies were done with a sport weight from a Socks That Rock of old in the Farmhouse colourway full of violets and teals and golds.  They were very very pretty and she liked them a lot.  Marcus was impressed with his and confirmed that yes, he needs a yellow sweater.  

Isaac, Carter, Emmett and Owen haven't been here yet for their Christmas visit.  The plan was to come on Saturday.  However, they got a way better present than any gloves I might knit. 


They got a baby brother.  This is wee Everett John who was born just past Christmas and whose birth has not been formally announced yet by his mummy and daddy, though I know that the twelve of us can keep it close and quiet among ourselves.  

We will figure out another time for everybody to come visit.  Maybe when mommy has been home a bit, and needs a good sleep, dad will bring the boys over for an afternoon.  We shall see.

No matter how many visitors I have, Christmas is always special.  I have good friends.  I have a wonderful family who support me so well.  And I have peace in my nation, which these days is no small thing.  I am going to play with miniatures or set a puzzle or something like that today.  My hand needs a good rest so I am going to give it to it.

No comments: