Thursday 1 September 2022

Mail!

it is an F1 race weekend so I am going to post quickly this evening.  

I got some mail that has been a while coming.  I think it took a while because I ordered some fold over elastic.  I wanted to see what the fuss was about and I suspect demand outstripped the supply.

I ordered a piece of fabric to replace the one Cassie used.  I was able to get the same fabric, a light airy gauze cotton with an ikat like woven design all over the fabric.



I am so happy to have this.

I also ordered some knit fabric.  It isn't fancy, but the one thing I have had trouble figuring out in online purchasing is knits.  It is so hard to tell if what I am looking at is really what I need.  I haven't had nearly enough practise with knits to be able to judge. Cassie said the next thing she wanted to sew was a t shirt and I got worried.

Is the farbic too thin?  Too ribbed?  To light weight?  Does it stretch right?  And because ribs are popular, they are pricey.  I hate the idea of wasting an expensive fabric  by using it for the wrong thing.

I bought a piece of fabric that will be enough to use for a shirt if she wants but that I can use for all sorts of things if it isn't what she wants to sew.  


 Twenty five bucks of really plain stuff, but it is what I was looking for and will have all kinds of uses if she turns it down.

And then a couple pieces of good solid flannelette for some around the household goods.  I love plaids and even more for this purpose, I love flannelette.  Cozy is as cozy does.

I made another order for fabrics today.  If Cassie decides to sew something different than the t shirt, I want her to have a bit better choice of fabrics.  She was appalled that I didn't have any pink fabrics in my stash of fabric so I thought I ought to sort that out.  I ordered a lively soft rose pink double gauze cotton.  There will be enough to make her a dress or myself a shirt.  Either way, it is pink.

And then inspired by the master of Pink, Jess from Broad in the Seams and Muna and Broad, and bought some very fine soft stretch courduroy.  Jess's wardrobe works around some gorgeous pink pants but mine pink will be a shirt.  I have enough of this coming that even if Cassie falls in love with it, there will be plenty for my shirt.  If it isn't to her liking, I see two different shirts in my future and that would be really wonderful.

And now I must get to bed because wakeup for the first part of the F1 show is on early in the morning and what with Keith buying the F1 streaming service, I really want to use it to its full advantage.  It just adds to the fun!

So that is it for me.  I do hope to get to some of the sewing tomorrow, but depending on the way the day goes, I might just keep on with knitting the sweater and deal with sewing next week. Only time will tell.  Either way, its an F1 weekend and that makes me happy.




No comments: