Thursday 14 July 2022

Playing the Music

I ended up not pulling back all the way from what you saw yesterday. I wanted to see if my fall back worked while I still had the stitches on the needles.  I am really glad I did, because I finally thought out how I was going to make this all work. 

First up, the ridges of teal really are much more prominent than I had hoped.  I had just completed the second and wasn't sure what to do. What I had on the needles was not long enough to really see what it was really going to look like so I soldiered on and did one more repeat of the pattern rows.  

The more I knit and had these strong ridges of teal, the more I liked it and somewhere between ridge three and four, I figured out exactly what to do.   


I am going to keep the teal ridges for the whole yoke.  Based on how deep the yoke is at the moment and how much yarn I have used up, that will be one entire ball of the teal.  The body of the sweater, from the underarms, will be all green with no garter stitch ridges.   

Once I get down towards the bottom, I will bring back the garter ridges in the teal.  This is where having a blog really becomes helpful.


From what I remember, this sweater was a quick completer.   Yup.  According to Ravelry, ten days.  There aren't too many notes on Rav, but I can go back to the days I was working on the sweater for blog posts and my usual endless chatter and I should be able to sort out exactly how much yarn I used for sleeves, and how much I used on the body. Once I know that, I will know just where to start the bottom using the teal ridges again.  

It's lace and lace is always fun to work.  It is music without needing to play an instrument.  Knitting this pattern for the fourth time, feels like I am playing an old favourite and loving it all the more.

No comments: