Friday 15 April 2022

This week has been a kind of hard week for me.  I find myself more sad hearted than normal and yet it is a thing, and it is here and I must work through whatever it comes from.  I haven't slept very well and it does affect what I do.  

You will have noticed the lack of sewing talk.  That is because there has been no sewing.  When you sew, you have to have a clear head and right now my brain moves like a sludge.  Sludge is not good when you cut fabric.  You really only get one chance at it so you have to be right the first go.  I have avoided cutting anything, in part because of it.    

Sewing is not where I want it to be.  I wish I had completed a few shirts and yet I am happy I did not ruin fabric by cutting it wrong.  Instead, my dream cart at the fabric store is piled well and truly high with things I don't need but that I do want.  Even with all the ability to sew and knit and the time in the world to do these things in, I still only have one cabinet for finished sweaters and 6 drawers for clothing.  And no where to hang clothes.

I have hit a bit of an issue there.  Over the years since this last move, I have not needed a place to hang things beyond my lone dress.  But now with all these gathered skirt dresses, I am running into a problem.  I need a place to put them.  I don't need a closet sized place.  I will never hang that many items.  What I need is a place for the volume of skirts!

Yes, I did not count of that.  Several of the dresses, all the really lightweight cottons and rayons and blends are great.  They could squish down to almost nothing but two of them, the Nova Scotia plaid and the black and white gingham with its extra wide skirt defy the space I have to put them.  

I do have a towel bar do dad that has been where I did hang my lone dress but it  is in a place that is difficult to get to for easy hanging.  It is in the corner of a corner of furniture.   Early trials have been just that.  Trials.  My do dad is going to need to be moved to a place that I can reach so dresses no longer fall off hangers when I try to put them away and so that only the dress I want comes out when I try to take them out.    

If I have to move something that means a good clean.  And I have to find a home for the things that are already occupying the space that will work for the do dad.  

So that will be my day more or less.  But I am also going to see if I can find the services at the Vatican for Good Friday on You Tube.  So a busy day.

No comments: