Tuesday 12 April 2022

And so on

There is a magic that happens when I pull out a whole class of books such asIi just did with all the sock books. I was looking for a lace pattern and at the same time, I was looking for a particular heel which I can find no online source for yet I know I did not invent the thing.  Where I thought they were was not where I had seen them and I had no luck finding them.  But the other day, after pulling out and looking at all my sock books, bingo! there they were, marked by some smart version  of me with pink see through tape.


Apparently, Folk Socks is my source book of all the things.

 
And these are the lace pattern I was looking for.  I had been trying a pattern from Knitting Lace by Susanna Lewis for the border of my Shetland Shawl, I think and the pattern did not work as written but I knew I had it somewhere else.  Folk Socks was the somewhere else because this very pretty little children's sock is it.  

And that led me to this.


My version of this pretty little sock changed for gauge, changed for the way the sock is knit, changed from childrens, to grandmother's.   All that remains of the original is the pretty little pattern.

Knitting that, fired me up to pull out a vary favourite sock yarn , Kroy in this really sweet colour.  When I bought it, I thought the colour was more like what my favourite pair of handmade socks were patterned like.  It is quite different but even with the variation, I am going to do what I did then and take some black to add stronger contrast and knit a few dark rows to emphasize the colour changes.  




I  know that it makes no sense whatsoever, but my soul wants to cast on more socks.  I shall resist. 

It will be a sewing day today or at least a getting ready to sew day.  The shirt patterns are new to me, and while the Torrens top is quite perfect, it is meant to be worn oversized and draping.  The shirts not so much, so I have to sit down and figure it al out.  With math.  Ewwwww

No comments: