Friday 10 September 2021

Almost Done.

Well alrighty then.

Among all the bits of chores that I accomplished yesterday and the day before, I also knit and I am thrilled with where it went.  By Wednesday evening, I had both sleeves complete.  That was sort of thrilling in and of itself.   

The next big thing was how do I deal with the front.  She wanted a pullover which I did not find out till after half of the body was knit.  I had several ideas on how to deal with this so I was game and just kept knitting.

My first try looks pretty darn good.  The eagle eyed among you can see where the sewn edges are but once it is blocked and washed and once I even out all the stitches, you won't see that at all.  Thursdays work, odd as it may seem, was getting the seam right.  It  wasn't hard but I had to take care and it was just a tad stressful.  Still it worked out and by supper time, I was picking up stitches for the neck band.  



I was tired so I stopped after a couple rows.  I didn't like the way the centered double decrease in the middle of the front V was looking and I knew I could do better, so as soon as the coffee was on this morning, that is what I was working on.  



I am pretty pleased with it all but for one small thing.  Now that the whole thing is done and laid out flat, the sleeves, which looked marvelous before, seemed a little too short.  I decided to add another set of stripes, one purple and one of the Locura Fluo.  I have just one row of the bright multicolour left and then I will have a good look and see if it looks better balanced than before.  The pair of striped rows adds just over another inch, which should take it right to her elbow, which is what she wanted.  Crossing fingers and toes.

But this little thing, so long in the planning, is finally looking complete.  Almost done.  I like those words.

No comments: