Tuesday 4 May 2021

And done.  I found enough red buttons to do it right, but then I found a Mickey mouse button, and I know his momma is a big Mickey mouse fan so...She loved it and that is what counts.


I ended up not putting the elbow patches on to the sweater.  The knit is fairly firm and with an elbow patch, I am not sure baby would have been able to really move his wee arms.  He is one whole month old now and is starting to respond to everything around him.  

  
Once that wee thing was complete, I pulled out several projects.  I knit a bit on my Shetland Shawl.  I knit a bit on my socks that need watching on the design.  I worked on the last of the current batch of blankets.  Then I pulled out my version of Ysolda Teagues's Threipmuir and that is the proejct that stuck.


I really really love this.  I love the colours even if they are not the perfect group of colours (the teal and the seafoam are a wee bit too close in hue) but they are perfect for me.  When last I worked on this, I had taken it to just two rows below the arms.  


In the time I knit on the weekend, I am now a nice firm two inches below the arm.


I am debating making this a cropped sort of top.  It is a lighter weight sweater so it won't see wear in the coldest winter when I like long suggly things.  It is more of a chilly summer morning thing, so maybe a crop would work.  I have been playing with models of me (if you want scary do that sometime) where I black out the me and just work with the shapes, and cropped looks just as good on that body as anything else.  

I think I have lots of yarn if I want it to go longer after I try it cropped for a bit.  There is always the comfort factor that plays into the things I enjoy wearing and one way or another, cropped or long, I intend to adore this sweater.

No comments: