Monday 8 February 2021

My version

Finish up February.  I saw this phrase this morning, only I do not remember where and I would sorely love to attribute it to the right place and the owner of the phrase.  

I have deep feelings about that idea of finishing it up in February.  Negative ones.  My first instinct was harumphhhh, I don't have to knit what anyone thinks is important to finish up, in Fabruary of any month.  And yet seconds later, I have to acknowledge that this is exactly what I am doing.  I am trying very hard to finish off the box o' things that don't fit in the WIP bins, so I can get rid of a box that makes my space look overwhelmed by knitting.  

That is what I did this weekend.  I knit hard on the blanket and only stopped for a break when the first ball of cream was all used up.  


It is starting to feel like a real blanket.  I feel pretty good about it at the moment.


I knit on thick warm socks.  Yes that is a pair.  The bits were all small left overs of the leftovers that I tied into one great ball of thread.  Some were longer, some were shorter, some were ugly, some were not, but they all are just going to get used.  It is actually kind of fun.


You never know what comes up next and the ball is always changing.  Also, note to self, I must do much more knitting of navy and gold.  OMG I love the way they look together.


I knit on the shawl a lot as well.  I did find a larger bag for it to live in, one that does not need it to be squashed in there quite so much.  It is going to be touch and go for yarn.  I have two more balls of cream yarn on hand and I think there is one more in my deep stash.  The first ball finished up a wee bit on  center square and did the rounds of white that I am working the edging off with.  I have only twenty or so stitches till I reach the first corner so I am almost sure that one ball can do a whole side.  Almost.

I knit on the shawl all Saturday till I was quite sick of it.  Hard to believe that you can tire of something so lovely and a yarn that is so nice, but yes, yes, You can.  

I am aiming to finish the warm socks today.  More than that, I cannot say.  It is cold here.  The forecast says it will warm to -27C at noon.  Ugh.   It would be a good day to knit a blanket or a heavy green sweater.   Or a giant shawl.  So you just never know what I will get up to in my own version of Finish it Up February..

No comments: