Tuesday 7 July 2020

Living Dangerously

Soooooo close.



The center is almost complete!  One more good day and that will come soon.  I will be able to work on this a little sooner than the sweater because it is as light as air.  My hands will tolerate that easier when I can get back to knitting.  

I have been looking at the yarns that I have for this shawland debating which pattern I was thinking of knitting.  Yes.  I know.  The thing is well underway, and I still have not sorted out what I meeant to do when I bought the yarn.  

Was it meant for Hansel, which is kind of what I have been working on as a starting point, or was it meant for Dusk?  Both are a variation on a feather and fan border, which is the most relaxing lace of all time.  Both are knit from a starting square.  Hansel uses 5 colours of yarn.  Dusk uses 7.  I have 6 colours.  Six colours makes me think that I was aiming for a variation of Hansel but the colours I have the most of are the two darkest shades.  Hansel ends up with a white edging, and Dusk ends up with a darkest at the outside edging.  That dark outer edging and my more yarn in the darkest shades makes me wonder if at purchasing I bought with Dusk in mind for my hap.  

I have been thinking this yarn was purchased on my epic adventure when I stopped at Camilla Valley but research on Ravelry after sorting my stash by date added shows me I bought this earlier, just after I sold the house at the same time as I bought my loom.   It has taken several hours already just this morning to find a post where I show the purchase of this yarn.  I knew that it had to be there because I talk about the most exciting things in my day all the time and it is 100% guaranteed that getting this yarn was exciting.

Finally.  Finally.  Finally.  



And what does that stash origin story reveal?   

Nothing. 

I have no idea what I am going to do.  I think I am going to have to live dangerously and let it happen as it happens.  At least this time of no knitting is going to be full of thinking and planning and dreaming and that is not a bad wway to spend some days at all.


No comments: