Monday 6 July 2020

Returning

Hello!!  It is me.  I think I am back to posting. or at least I hope to be though for a bit, the knitting content is going to be slow.  I have not been wearing my wristwarmers to bed the last few nights.  It felt tight and clostrophobic so I left them off and now I am paying.  My hands are not doing well at all, proof to me how well the wristwarmers and keeping pulse points warm worked.  So today, I will be finding the little wrist bands I knit a while ago for daytime, and tonite, I will be wearing the long wristwarmers again.  It is kind of like wearing a bra.  You may not want to wear it when it is hot and sticky but you really ought.    

So for the next while there will be weaving content, spinning content and sewing content, possibly even some embroidery content. 

While I was taking my break, I did a little sewing related stuff.  


I fixed snaps that needed repair.


I checked out the varying colours of my Tosh DK for Amy's sweater.  And I had someone, not Amy, try on her sweater.  I think it is going to be just perfect.  

I took a long while to asess the colour variation.  In photos, the variance is severe.  In daylight, not nearly so heartbreaking. It isn't dark versus light and it doesn't really stripe.  Everything not good seems accented in pictures. Because this is going to live in the world not in photos,  it will be fine.  I am thinking about using some yarn from the darkest skein, and duplicate stitching a bit more dark in the top if it needs it when all is said and done.   


I am thrilled at the progress on this. Three balls of yarn to go and while I thought I would end up with one to spare, I think now, that I am going to use every single inch of each and every ball.  

It is a captivating knit and I am going to be a tiny bit sad when the knitting is done.



No comments: