Wednesday 15 July 2020

A little sewing

I did eventually get past my grumps yesterday.  I had another nap and that seemed to help.  And I found something to keep me busy.

A while ago, Cassie and Marcus asked me for masks.  I told Cassie to get the box of miscellaneous fabrics from my shelf and we chose some for her and for Marcus.  And they have been sitting there, cut and waiting.  I needed elastic and I wasn't sure if I was going to make the masks so that a filter could be replaced or if I was going to use a good pellon interfacing for a good washable mask.  After all the consideration, here was are.  


Marcus didn't care what kind of mask it was.  His big deal was a mustache.  It isn't perfect by any means, but he likes it.


And a second something fishy mask for Marcus.


Cassie wanted purple, so that is what we have here.  It still needs the elastic and her second mask is still to be made.

I am following the standards given by the the Province of Alberta and I do sincerely hope that they will offer some protection from disease spreading.  There is not too many occasions for the kiddies to be out and about.  That changed quite dramtically when the virus began.  They may never wear them, but they asked and grandma made.

I am debating making one for myself too, though I do have access to other masks.  I don't get out much either, so it isn't a real big deal.  

All this sewing and I am thinking I am almost ready to do a bit of sewing for myself.  Garment sewing, that is.  I need some pjs.  Mine are beyond toast.  I dug out some of the flannel I have from sewing pj pants for Christmas one year,  and there is lots to make me a couple pairs for me.  I haven't worn pajama pants since I was young but they are so much more versatile.  These days, topped by my Big Easy Bulky sweater, 



long pajama pants might become my fashion statement and that says an awful lot about my fashion sense!

No comments: