Thursday 30 April 2020

Adventures!

I am going to a picnic today.  It promises to be a bit cloudy but otherwise nice sweater wearing weather, so I am grabbing some sub sandwiches from the pizza joint, putting some cucumbers and tomatoes and juice boxes in my bag, and I am off to one set of grandkids today.  I will go to the other grandkids tomorrow and repeat.

The weather office is calling for a high of 17, so I expect it will be close to that by noon.  Normally, the hottest time of the day is about 2:30 or three o'clock.  I think 15 is a reasonable expectation for noon.  Sweater Weather.

So far as I know, we will picnic in the front yard, and I will sit on the sidewalk in front of the house and they will sit on the high part of the lawn above the retaining wall.  That will keep us separate enough to meet the demands of the current quarantine but we still can have a visit.  

I feel a bit giddy really and I have been trying to figure out what to wear.  It is very silly really, to feel like this about it, but I want to give them a little event that they can remember about the quarantine, when grandma came to visit.  There will be bubble stuff and balloons and Smarties too.  Mama will have to be the store keeper, though but it will be good for mama to play too. 

In knitting adventures, I have been putting in the most time on the landlord's sweater.  I wanted to get it past the yoke so that it then becomes an adventure in three tubes.  Once it gets there, it can be visiting knitting.It will be perfect.  Large gauge knitting in the round all the way down, all the decisions done. At the moment, I am at the end of the increases and am just wee bit short of the length the pattern asks for before separating sleeves and body.  Otherwise, I am following the pattern.

Which is the weirdest thing of all.  I am used to counting stitches and doing the math to know how many inches I have. Weird is to count and check against the number of stitches on a particular line of a printed pattern page.  

I am debating making one small change.  I am thinking of putting a garter stitch panel at the underarms down the side of the sweater, as boredom relief.  It won't change anything else about the pattern but will give me something to look forward as I knit round and round.

It is time now to go get organized.  I have places to be and important people to see. I hope each of you has just as nice a day as I will have.  

No comments: