Wednesday 12 February 2020

Win!

The last picture I took yesterday was when I thought I was finished knitting for the day.  You can see that I did more rows than I planned and that the red was complete. (I really really enjoyed knitting the red.  After all the rest, this punchy bit of red just felt so right,)


However, I still had a little knit left in me, so I did another couple of rows.  And then another couple.  And another.  And this morning,  all that remained was 3 rows of knitting and the cast off. 

Yes.  The cast off.


After I knit a blanket for my third son, Scott many years ago, I  got very fed up with knitting a blanket and was pretty certain that I was never going to knit another.  It just got too big, too awkward to enjoy.  This two by two rib never felt that way.  Part of it is that I now have many many more years of knitting under my belt, but also that this time, once it got to that size, the blanket was resting on one of my WIP stools.  Having something for the whole beastie to rest on made such a big difference.

I admit that I wished I'd had enough yarn without having to purchase a second ball of the grey, but the extra six inches that bit more yarn gave me, was critical to the blanket being big enough.  But not too big.  I have made too big of blankets in the past and they don't get used either.  With blankets, you really want to hit the sweet spot.

I'm really glad that I stopped at 6 extra inches of the charcoal and cream because this.


Just a nice baseball sized ball left.  That is as close to running out as I would want to come.



So, I finished this all before 9 a.m. and I love this finished blanket.  There may have to be more blanket knitting.  But not today.  Today, I finished a big thing and that is a win in my books.


No comments: