Friday 31 January 2020

Cheery and Happy?

This morning brings another long unworn scarf.  For no reason other than it was in the bottom of it's cubicle. 

 
It's made of two skeins of one of my favourite colurs of Noro Silk Garden Sock, (oh my gosh I love Noro!) and no particular pattern, just started with a garter tab cast on and away.  I need to knit with Noro soon. 

And yesterday's mail brought the final chapter of my Christmas present to myself, As Time Goes By, the whole series.

I found this on Britbox though I was familaiar with episodes, I had never seen the start.  It is utterly charming and lovely.

I did start working on Marcus' picture, but it soon became apparent that all I had done to myself was to give myself yet another pile of things to have to navigate around.  Vat a mess.

Smarter people than I would have known running for something different was not going to resolve my miasma..  Finishing is how to resolve miasma.  I know this but it takes me frustratingly long till I seem to face it and accept it. So finishing it is.


Heavy monster socks, two pairs here actually.  The top sock has an afterthought heel because I knit farther than I meant to as I was working along.  It also looks like I could have stopped that heel just a bit sooner too.  Oh well.

And pair of socks two


has the short row heel.  Yes there are two and both are complete. 

It won't be long till the final sock of these monsters is done and I can put all the monstering away for a bit.


That gaping maw of finishing afterthought heels never fails to amuse me.  So Star Trek and the creature from M13.  And the more you knit the more it looks like that.  It makes me smile because it is such a silly thing to think of.  I know.  I amuse only me.

These heels are going to be done.  Today.  The Monster yarn will be put away.  Today.  Well maybe.  I am noticing there are a goodly number of socks that need repair.  Time to go through the drawer and see what is what.  Might need to knit a few more socks. 

But in cheerier colours and happier yarns!.

No comments: