Thursday 12 December 2019

Tying of the quilt commenced yesterday.  


The batts are firmly held in place by two of the outer edges tied two rows in.  It establishes the grid that it will all be done in and I hope it prevents the batt inside from shifting around now that I have begun.

From here I just keep tying.  To amuse myself I am not tying in strict lines, but in sections.  There is less overall moving of the whole comforter that way, and I hope less moving means the whole process goes faster.  

I found that there was a limit to what I could do in one day, even with breaks.  After a while, the tips of my fingers got over sensitized and I had to stop.  

I am also suddenly aware that while I may have completed my pretty little floral  comforter in two days, this one is significantly larger.  Mine fits my twin sized bed nicely and is about 50 inches wide.  This one should be about 80 inches wide when it is done.  It has to cover my double sized guest bed, with a little left over for not just two people, but in case a little body ends up sleeping with mom and dad.  My timeline of two days for tying is way off.  

In my head, I thought that I could work slowly and it would be complete by Sunday night.  I envisioned doing my holiday decorating in my rest breaks.  To get this done by Sunday, it is going to take a pretty massive bit of work and an unusual amount of stick-to-it-ivness.  

Decorating will happen.  It just might happen a lot closer to Christmas than I planned.  Oh well.