Wednesday 7 August 2019

Sweater weather

I don't know about anybody else but yesterday was sweater weather for me, more than. I put on a sweater, a cowl and socks to get warm.  I wore them most of the day.  

It made me feel like knitting bigger heavier garments.  I spent the day working on my coat.


It looks odd.  The sleeve is just so outsize but when I try it on, it fits just about right.  I want this to be comfortable over other sweaters and to be a good looking top layer in place of a purchased winter coat.  I haven't bought a winter coat because layering wool sweaters is much much warmer than any coat out there.  And the fit! Even my worst sweater fits much much better than the best coat on the market.  

What I have needed is a top sweater knit to be a top sweater.  I am knitting this out of the wonderful hearty yarn I picked up on PEI last summer.  The only problem was that I worried I was going to run out of yarn.  And the more I worked on this sleeve, the more likely that looked.  Each sleeve is going to take more than a skein each.  

So yesterday, I took the matter in hand.  I ordered more yarn.  Since there was zero chance of a same dyelot, I went with a very heathered brown grey colour.  It was the best choice with the gorgeous green I have.  

So let's all keep hoping that the sweater will fit as planned and that the sleeve fits as well once it us done.  

No comments: