Friday 12 July 2019

I was avoiding it.

I'm writing this at the unheard of time of 3:23 p.m. because I just can't wait to shout it out.

It fits


and it is gorgeous!!!

Yes three exclamation marks worth it.  The yarn is beyond delightful, really perfect for this top.  The lines of the lace are so crisp and clean, which was one of the little details which drew me to the pattern in the first place.


I was starting to get worried that the whole thing was going to be too large.  I was starting to avoid the whole project, I was that worried.  Some days, it is harder to deal with the negative, should the result of the try on be negative and it seems easier to just avoid it all.  Silly I know, but such is the state of what happens in my head.

The lace seemed to have such ease and stretch to it, I was starting to worry that it was going to fall off my shoulders.  You know how some necklines just grow and grow till you can't keep them on?  I was starting to be very worried that is what would happen.  It is a fairly wide neckline and with all that give in the lace...but it really sits just right. 

Instead of my usual try on method of adding one or two more needles to the garment for the try on, I threaded the entire thing on to a long strand of acrylic.  I wanted to see it with the drape it will have at this point so I could tell what to do next.  That doesn't matter on many garments but it did on this one for sure.  The finer yarns and bast fibres won't give you a good idea of what you have unless you do.

So the next step for this day is to see if I can sort out my sewing machine, which has been acting up badly with the changes in weather.  One day the machine was good and the next unusable.  With one success under my belt, it feels like the right time to look for another where I have been avoiding the challenge.


No comments: