Wednesday 26 June 2019

A thing yellow ribbon

There is a thin ribbon of yellow on my mind today.


It is ll I got done today, but I'm okay with it.  

Sometimes I feel like knitting is a job and I have to do more and more and morebut then I snap myself out of it.  I am making clothing on my own from thread.  The only rush is when I really want to wear a thing.  That is it.  That is all.  It isn't big in the grand scheme of anything if it doesn't happen the way I plan.  I have other clothes. 

I did have a lot of other things to do today anyway.  Remember me saying I was going to try to get by with just  phone and my desktop computer?  I caved and purchased a moderately priced Samsung and today was setup day.  I just could not do patterns on my phone.  It is, quite simply, too small.  My printer isn't working well right now, so I couldn't even go to that option.  

It's ok.  It will do the job I need it to do but it is much too much like my hated phone to make me really happy.  There are a few things where it may be superior to my Surface.  And I hate 'apps'.  Calling a program and 'app' sounds so pompous, affected, pretentious. And supercilious for good measure.  We had our first home computer in 1989 and I have always tried to stay up to date, but the idea that 'apps' were something new and cool makes me laugh.  But things change and I guess I have too.  I shan't whine anymore about it.  Well not today anyway.  The dust will settle in a day or two and I will get over the trauma of setting it up by myself soon enough.   

While I was struggling to get things where I wanted them, I listened to an audio book, Still Life by Louise Penny.  I loved this book.  A LOT.  It is exactly what I was looking for as a change from Agatha Christie.  It is a mystery but not one of those cozy mysteries.  It has a sophisticated intelligent plot but it isn't about the gore of a murder and the specifics of forensic science.  It is about the who and why they did what they did and it was wonderful.  There will be more Inspector Gamache for me.  




No comments: