Thursday 23 May 2019

No Sidekick? EEEEEEP

My day so far.  Get up early, drive and get kids to school.  Wait for kids to come home after lunch.  Even the preschool is a full day today.  They are off to the zoo.  Free-ish.

I'm going to head out to do a few personal errands in a while but for now I am playing around with needles and string.

Last fall just before the winter job began, I downloaded a book from the ever clever and inventive Cat Bordhi for some fingerless mitts and cuffs.  There are 9 folios and dozens of patterns and since I seem to be wearing wristwarmers everyday, it seemed like the perfect something different.  

When I was going through boxes in prep for the garage sale, I pulled out a yarn that was the ideal thing for wristwarmers.  


This yarn came from a thrummed mitten kit that Brian bought for me many years ago.  I need grabbier mittens so I separated the fibre and yarn and then just left the whole thing.  Over the years I started mitts a few times, but just never got there.  

I started working on the first pair of mittens in Folio 1 almost a practise pair but I think perfect for the bright vibrant yarn. 


Not too far along yet but the only time I worked on them was during a car oil change, so not a lot of time invested yet.  The fun stuff is just about to happen now with a bunch of short rows for shaping.

I have been looking forward to these all winter partly for their utility and partly for the wild ride with Cat Bordhi. Wristwarmers. Great summer knitting.  


No comments: