Wednesday 20 March 2019

Feelin' SMRT

I did exactly what I planned yesterday and tried one of the other yarns, the Remix, on this pattern.  It's perfect really. 



It's light and I know it's going to make a great summer top.  I've got the gradient laid out behind so you can see where this top will go so far as decorative elements.  Those elements will go like this capelet from Cabin Fever, The Gradient Capelet .   As you can see on that pattern link, there is an interesting garter stitch detail between the colours.  My first idea of a sweater in these yarns had an applied i-cord detail between the colours and I am not sure which would be more interesting, garter stitch or i-cord.  I will do a garter stitch round between the colours, to simplify the i-cord application, but I'm not sure I want two, as it seems there is in the pattern.  I'm not sure if two ridges/rows would be tucked hidden enough under the cord detail.  

I am also debating a tuck stitch detail, rather than an i-cord detail, but first I have to learn how to do that.  Since I am very close to where the colours need to change to have a scale that is pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the dimensions of the sweater, that learning break ought to happen today. And today is going to be a very busy day.

I have company coming.  My youngest sister is coming for a short visit and since she has never been here before, I want everything to be orderly so she can see it at its very best.  The sun is sure cooperating so my floor of the house is going to be lovely, bright and warm. I only wish I had my kitchen sitting nook complete. 

All this means that I have no idea which one I should knit on today.  I think I will keep the Sonata top underway and see what the drape is like as I knit before deciding exactly what that top will look like.  I know.  It seems like an odd way to knit a pattern, but when you are used to winging it, you can do anything.  

So, what to knit?  It seems my adventure will be two tops, not one.  So SMRT when you are really just aiming for a new top for your wardrobe.

No comments: